RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

CAN I SUE FOR CHILD SUPPORT THAT ARE IN ARREARS

Customer Question

CAN I SUE FOR CHILD SUPPORT THAT ARE IN ARREARS?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thasnk for your question. Yes you are filign for contempt here. The ex can be jailed or fined and oyu would get a judgment for what you are owed and interest here.You are due these funds and the other party is in contmept here for failure to pay you. Here is legal reference for your state..

http://www.divorcenet.com/states/new_jersey/new_jersey_child_support_part_2
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
he is paying about half of what he suppose to pay, so their is an arrears of over 16,000 dollars that he owes me. It keeps getting larger and larger, he is paying just enough so the courts do not bother him.
Well it is high enough here that state child support will go after him. They would suspend is license and other stuff..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
THEY ARE GOING AFTER HIM, AS LONG AS HE IS PAYING SOMETHING. I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN TAKE HIM TO COURT AND SUE FOR THE ARREARS.
Sure you can always sue for your arrears and should do so here. They should force the issue here in this situation. You can always sue when he owes you arrears. I wish you good luck