RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  29 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

my ex girl friend had me arested for stocking one week after

Customer Question

my ex girl friend had me arested for stocking one week after she broke in my house and stole persciption and had filled at drug store.warrent was issued for her at that time.she did this out of spite,now we both have no contact orders.now she went to family court and filled for pfa what can i do about this there is or has bin no physical abuse between us how did she do that and what can i expect from this action other than missing a day from work witch i just started3weeks ago and im on a 90 probation period and she knows this she is trying to get me fired for missing timeand using courts to do this as for the stalking charge i will be able to prove my inocents because i have tape recorded conversations with us comunicating and a video of her and daughterand self on march 2 were she gave kiss andsaid she call later.stalking charge states as of jan 1 she told me to leave her alone phone records show i called 100 time they also showed she called me 119 times i think i have enough prof
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You may well have grounds here to challenge the PFA. You really need a lawyer here because it impacts your job. A lawyer may get this dismissed and also protect you in the matter. <br /><br />You have much at stake and good rebuttal here as you state. I agree that she has violated the restrictions in the matter. A lawyer can get the charges dismissed and protect your job in this situation. I wish you good luck here..<br /><br />Here is lawyer referral..<br /><br /><p><strong>Lawyer Referral Service (LRS)</strong> <br />(302)(NNN) NNN-NNNN<br />(800)(NNN) NNN-NNNN(from Kent & Sussex Counties) <br />Website: <a href="http://www.dvls.org/LRS_Public.htm" target="_blank">Lawyer Referral Service</a></p><br />
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i know that i should get a lawer but i just got back to work and all moneys i had was used for bail i would like to know what to expect and what the chain of events will be if i have to go in bymyself
There will be a hearing here on the PFA. The other side has the burden to produce witnesses to support their case for stalking here and inappropriate conduct. You have the right to cross examine and produce any witnesses you have to refute the matter.

And of course if the ex here has violated here and done other things you can discuss these as well. You can try to get the tape and video here in as evidence to refute. And the court decides the matter after hearing everything involved. They may talk to you beforehand to see if resolution is possible. I wish you the best here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

0

RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience: 29 years as a family law lawyer .
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my ex went to court and i sined the pfa order 2 months later she and i went to court and she drped it all together she told me she only did it so her daughter could stay in the school she was going to.she told me not courts that she did it for that reason only.in that time i was arested for stalking and now she says she will not go to court so it can get tossed out.she has called the da to tell them this.but they want to go on with it.she says she is not going how will that play out.i have tryed to call my p.d.to ask what my defence is i have proof i was not staking with phone call records and video showing we were both talking and seeing each other when i was to stay away from her by her if she had bin saying not to bother her and we are communicating and seeing each other how is that stalking
You have good chance here. You need a lawyer here and he can move to dismiss if she doesn't show.Tell her to be careful here--sometimes they subpoena her to try and coerce here into coming.She should lay low around the wek before trial.don't answer the door or phone.Your lawyer has good chance at dismissing or winning at trial..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

she thinks they will show up to arest her if she does not go she got a letter in mail to go but nothing delivered or call

They can't arrest her if they haven't subpoened here.They are all into trying to intimidate people..Tell her to stay away..