How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question

RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32136
Experience:  29 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my ex girl friend had me arested for stocking one week after

Customer Question

my ex girl friend had me arested for stocking one week after she broke in my house and stole persciption and had filled at drug store.warrent was issued for her at that time.she did this out of spite,now we both have no contact she went to family court and filled for pfa what can i do about this there is or has bin no physical abuse between us how did she do that and what can i expect from this action other than missing a day from work witch i just started3weeks ago and im on a 90 probation period and she knows this she is trying to get me fired for missing timeand using courts to do this as for the stalking charge i will be able to prove my inocents because i have tape recorded conversations with us comunicating and a video of her and daughterand self on march 2 were she gave kiss andsaid she call later.stalking charge states as of jan 1 she told me to leave her alone phone records show i called 100 time they also showed she called me 119 times i think i have enough prof
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You may well have grounds here to challenge the PFA. You really need a lawyer here because it impacts your job. A lawyer may get this dismissed and also protect you in the matter. <br /><br />You have much at stake and good rebuttal here as you state. I agree that she has violated the restrictions in the matter. A lawyer can get the charges dismissed and protect your job in this situation. I wish you good luck here..<br /><br />Here is lawyer referral..<br /><br /><p><strong>Lawyer Referral Service (LRS)</strong> <br />(302)(NNN) NNN-NNNN<br />(800)(NNN) NNN-NNNN(from Kent & Sussex Counties) <br />Website: <a href="" target="_blank">Lawyer Referral Service</a></p><br />
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i know that i should get a lawer but i just got back to work and all moneys i had was used for bail i would like to know what to expect and what the chain of events will be if i have to go in bymyself
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 6 years ago.
There will be a hearing here on the PFA. The other side has the burden to produce witnesses to support their case for stalking here and inappropriate conduct. You have the right to cross examine and produce any witnesses you have to refute the matter.

And of course if the ex here has violated here and done other things you can discuss these as well. You can try to get the tape and video here in as evidence to refute. And the court decides the matter after hearing everything involved. They may talk to you beforehand to see if resolution is possible. I wish you the best here..


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.


RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 32136
Experience: 29 years as a family law lawyer .
RayAnswers and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my ex went to court and i sined the pfa order 2 months later she and i went to court and she drped it all together she told me she only did it so her daughter could stay in the school she was going to.she told me not courts that she did it for that reason that time i was arested for stalking and now she says she will not go to court so it can get tossed out.she has called the da to tell them this.but they want to go on with it.she says she is not going how will that play out.i have tryed to call my ask what my defence is i have proof i was not staking with phone call records and video showing we were both talking and seeing each other when i was to stay away from her by her if she had bin saying not to bother her and we are communicating and seeing each other how is that stalking
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.
You have good chance here. You need a lawyer here and he can move to dismiss if she doesn't show.Tell her to be careful here--sometimes they subpoena her to try and coerce here into coming.She should lay low around the wek before trial.don't answer the door or phone.Your lawyer has good chance at dismissing or winning at trial..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

she thinks they will show up to arest her if she does not go she got a letter in mail to go but nothing delivered or call

Expert:  RayAnswers replied 5 years ago.
They can't arrest her if they haven't subpoened here.They are all into trying to intimidate people..Tell her to stay away..

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan
< Previous | Next >
  • Not only did he answer my Michigan divorce question but was also able to help me out with it, too. I have since won my legal case on this matter and thank you so much for it. Lee Michigan
  • Mr. Kaplun clearly had an exceptional understanding of the issue and was able to explain it concisely. I would recommend JustAnswer to anyone. Great service that lives up to its promises! Gary B. Edmond, OK
  • My Expert was fast and seemed to have the answer to my taser question at the tips of her fingers. Communication was excellent. I left feeling confident in her answer. Eric Redwood City, CA
  • I am very pleased with JustAnswer as a place to go for divorce or criminal law knowledge and insight. Michael Wichita, KS
  • PaulMJD helped me with questions I had regarding an urgent legal matter. His answers were excellent. Three H. Houston, TX
  • Anne was extremely helpful. Her information put me in the right direction for action that kept me legal, possible saving me a ton of money in the future. Thank you again, Anne!! Elaine Atlanta, GA
  • It worked great. I had the facts and I presented them to my ex-landlord and she folded and returned my deposit. The 50 bucks I spent with you solved my problem. Tony Apopka, FL

Meet The Experts:

  • Ely

    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
< Last | Next >
  • Ely's Avatar


    Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
  • Dimitry K., Esq.'s Avatar

    Dimitry K., Esq.


    Satisfied Customers:

    I provide family and divorce law advice to my clients in my firm.
  • LawTalk's Avatar


    Attorney and Counselor at Law

    Satisfied Customers:

    30 years legal experience. I remain current in Family Law through regular continuing education.
  • FiveStarLaw's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    25 years of experience helping people like you.
  • Tina's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    JD, 17 years legal experience including family law
  • Brandon M.'s Avatar

    Brandon M.

    Family Law Attorney

    Satisfied Customers:

    Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law
  • Thoreau (T-USA)'s Avatar

    Thoreau (T-USA)


    Satisfied Customers: