lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

My husband and I reside in Louisiana and divorced in 2005.

My husband and I reside in Louisiana and divorced in 2005. We were married for 24 years. He has since remarried. I am entitled to 1/2 of his retirement at the time we divorced. Is the portion of his retirement based on what it was worth at the time of our divorce, or todays market value?

You may have been entitled to it at the time you divorced but you would have had to asked the court to award it to you. You cannot now go back and ask for it. You need to contact the court and get a copy of the order and see exactly what it says, if anything, about his retirement. If it does not say anything, then you are not entitled to anything.

If I have answered your question, an accept and positive feedback is appreciated. Thanks!!!