How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NJ FamLaw Your Own Question
NJ FamLaw
NJ FamLaw, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 517
Experience:  Admitted to NJ Bar
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
NJ FamLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a child support question, my former wife and I were

This answer was rated:

This is a child support question, my former wife and I were divorced back in 1996 in Florida but she now resides in Ohio. My daughter is 18 and will be 19 in May my son will be 18 in July. I still pay the full child support. My divorce decree says nothing about continuing to pay while they are in college. When can I stop.
In both Florida and Ohio, your children are emancipated when they turn 18 or finish high school, whichever is later. If you are paying through an enforcement agency, contact them with the birthdates so that cs stops when your son graduates high school. If you pay her directly, stop when he graduates. Good luck.
NJ FamLaw and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions