How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39432
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am disatisfied with my divorce atty, in jan they called me

Resolved Question:

I am disatisfied with my divorce atty, in jan they called me one day before the court date,i couldnt change my schedule to be there so they pulled the addition to that the mother and i had to take an parenting class reqiured by the state.we took the class a few weeks later and i called the atty to let them know they told me to fax in the certificates which i did a few days later.when i called to verify they rcvd them thay told me it was too late and the case was placed in the inactive file and i would have to pay $250 reactivation plus $100 court costs.,which i i am calling them at least two to three times a wk to get an update on the status of my case.because i am afraid they will call me a day before again but i just called them and was told very rudely by the asst. that i needed to stop calling that they will call me and every time i call they are charging me. can they really get away with all this? i cant afford to lose the money we have already paid and start over
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. My suggestion is to try and work through this here and then consider filing a complaint with the state bar where you live. I would tell you to change lawyers but you are stuck here and need to complete.

Also most state bars have fee dispute resolution and you can argue over the fees they charged you. Ultimately you may get some satisfaction and some fees returned. That really is the only option for you considering how deep you are into this. I wish you good luck here and sympathy for having to deal with this. It should not be this way and they are not treating you very professionally here no doubt.


Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and 2 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you