RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

This is a senior question. Medicare is presently paying

This is a 'senior' question. Medicare is presently paying for my 90 year old mother's care for 20 days; she was just put into a nursing home on March 23rd, 2009 . . . transferred there from the hospital because she had fallen and they x-rayed her, etc. . . my question is this: will Medicare pay for my mother in Minnesota at a new nursing home facility?   We realize that the nursing home has to be a authorized Medicare licensed facility.       2nd question: If there is a Living Trust and my mother's home is in the Trust . . . can Medicade put a lein on the home if the expense of her long term care is beyond her monthly income?       thank you so much for your reply.     Her two sons are in Florida & Minnesota - she is in Colorado will NO FAMILY THERE TO WATCH OVER HER. . .    THANK YOU SO MUCH . . . . Butch -
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your questions. You can put her anywhere medicare certified bed. You can't do a trust now. If you did one before she was going into the home then it would have been o.k. But now you can exempt the homestead here if you tell them she intends to return if her health improves--there is a statement you sign.

They exempt and don't count. But you can't sell it or rent here or they count it.Medicaid has estate recovery program. After her death they may try and recoup some of payments made for her care. Ask the eligibility worker about your state rules on this.Good luck with all oft his as I know that this can be overwhelming..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.