Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

i lost my parental rights. my parents have adopted my two boys.

Customer Question

i lost my parental rights. my parents have adopted my two boys. now that the adoption is final and the state is out of our hair how do i go about leagaly getting them back? what are my rights?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Roger replied 7 years ago.

In rare cases, it is possible a court will "set aside" (reverse) an adoption that has already been finalized. This will "reactivate" the original birth certificate, which was previously

sealed and replaced as a result of the adoption.

In order to do this, you would have to prove some sort of fraud on the court or coersion. This is very difficult to prove, and rarely occurs.

The only real chance you have is if all interested parties consent to the reversal.