RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

Several years ago I gave up my full physical custody of my

Customer Question

Several years ago I gave up my full physical custody of my daughter who is now 12. Her father only allows visitation for 48 hours every other week. I am wondering if there is any way that I can obtain joint physical custody or have longer visitation rights?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Sure you can file a motion to modify visitation and custody here. You may well have facts here to support especially if the child wants to live with you . The court would interview the child and this might well decide the matter.

I wish you good luck in all of this and sympathy for the situation. Custody is always meant to be flexible. You may need to obtain a lawyer her to file unless the ex would agree to it..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.