RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

I want to sue the state of Texas for violating my rights as

I want to sue the state of Texas for violating my rights as guardian. do I have to file in that same state and county, or could I file from my home state of TN.
Thanks for your question. You can sue the state agency here in Texas that has harmed you. You would file suit here in Travis County, Texas since it is a state agency. Agencies get sued all the time here.and you may well have facts to do so. You can also consider a federal lawy suit here if is invovles denial of civil rights. You will need a Texas Lawyer. Here is the State Bar of Texas Lawyer Referral Program..

http://www.texasbar.com/Template.cfm?Section=Selecting_a_Lawyer&CONTENTID=3836&TEMPLATE=/ContentManagement/ContentDisplay.cfm

You get a 1/2 hour with a Texas lawyer here to discuss you options for filing suit here. Good luck in getting this going and sympathy for the situation..
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

If you're in Travis County, will you consider taking this case?

No I'm retired. No outside practice. But trust me people sue all the time. The Texas Attorney General represents state agencies in these type of suits. You won't have trouble finding a lawyer here in Travis County
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I also have a damages law suit filed against the homeowner's insurance where we were assaulted. I need to fire my lawyer from the guardianship matter, but can I also fire him from this other lawsuit? He has already contacted them as far as how much he wants in damages, but it has been at least a month since he requested a phone interview from me with their agent because he's always dragging his feet thinking he can increase my bill every time I sneeze!

I

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I

put a
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I

put a
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You always have the option here to discharge your lawyer and get another one. If you are unhappy here then maybe this is the way to go. That is your judgment call. I hope it all works out..