hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.

can a father be forced to see his child after divorce if he doesn'

Customer Question

I am a father and my ex is making it hard for me to see my daughter saying that I can only see my daughter alone and without my current wife. Can she do that? I do not wish to see my daughter without my wife present. Can she take me to court as she says she wants to do
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 7 years ago.

She cannot do that if that is not stipulated in the court order.

However, you cannot stop her contempt of court of the court order unless you take her to court for contempt of court. If she takes you to court with this allegation that it is not in the best interest for the child to be visited with your wife present, she will have to show evidence of why this allegation is so. (your wife will have to have been not fit to be around your daughter).