Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

I pay child support for my daughter who lives in Wisconsin,

I pay child support for my daughter who lives in Wisconsin, i reside in texas (where the child support order and divorce were final). My daughter stays with me for 10 days in April and for 42 days in the summer. Can i get some of my child support back when my daughter is with me for that extent of time to help with expenses?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

Child support is set up on a monthly basis to account for the time that the noncustodial parent has the child. If you think that you are overpaying for child suppport, you can file a petition for modification. However, you cannot simply not pay support during the time the child is with you.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i pay 20% of my income each month...during the month of April when i have her for 10 days and from June 20th-aug 1st i feel that i should not have to pay the whole amount. would a court modify that agreement....is that something that can be done?
Expert:  Ellen replied 7 years ago.

It is possible. You can file for a modification on the basis of change in parenting time.