Rose Zapor
Rose Zapor, Family Lawyer
Experience:  Ten years as a Family Lawyer, Published author.

My wife and I split up in July 2004. Ive been paying support

Customer Question

My wife and I split up in July 2004. I've been paying support to her for our 4 children pursuant to the Kansas Guidelines. She sent our eldest to live with me a year ago and started having me pay support for only the 3 still with her. I recently realized that she's not paying anything for the one living with me. She says the guidelines allow her to do this. I've read the guidelines and her position makes no sense to me. Is she liable to pay any support for the child now living with me?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Rose Zapor replied 7 years ago.
Hi. I will be happy to help with your question. What is normally done when the children live with different parents is that the support for each side is determined and then the difference is paid.

Good Luck,

Please hit ACCEPT in order for me to receive payment for my time.

If you like my answer, consider paying a BONUS.

If you have another question, please contact me at zaporlaw01.

Thank you.

Disclaimer --- There is no attorney/client privilege created by this exchange and the answer being provided is informational only and does not constitute legal advice.