lwpat
lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney
15417118

My parents supposedly got divorce in California in 1990, but

Customer Question

My parents supposedly got divorce in California in 1990, but I just came across a document that says:the requestfor entry of a family law default submitted by you in the above entitled action has been turned down for the checked below.      Summons has not been filed. Does this means they are still married
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
I certainly could. You need to call the court or vital records and see if the divorce was ever entered. However, they could have simply corrected the problem by filing.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This is no answer.
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
Sorry but there is nothing else I can tell you. I will opt out in case another expert can add more information.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I certainly could? Is that a part of your response? Do you mean that they (my parents) can now correct the problem by filing for divorce NOW.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Did you mean "they" certainly could be still married or "They" certainly could be divorced? You response is a bit confusing you know.
I simple don't understand the "I certainly could" bit at all. Where you just saying you certainly could answer my question?