lwpat, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing family law attorney

I was granted temporary full custody of my now 5 and 9 yr.

I was granted temporary full custody of my now 5 and 9 yr. old sons from their mother, my ex-spouse for substance abuse almost 2 years ago. She has supervised visitation every other weekend and every Wednesday. She did not see them for almost 6 months last summer and still does not get them on Wednesdays. My question is how will that affect her when we go back to court for a final custody hearing and should I be trying to get that changed from temporary to permanent? I was finally granted child support at the end of last year but have yet to receive anything from her. My lawyers says let sleeping dogs lie but I would like a 2nd opinion.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  lwpat replied 7 years ago.
I agree with your attorney. The more she owes in CS the better it will look in the custody hearing. After you get full custody you can do a rule to show cause or ask that the CS be paid through the court. You need to push your attorney to get back into court for a permanent order.