RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I am retireing from the military at age 45. If i elect not

I am retireing from the military at age 45. If i elect not to work (live off my retirement) will the judge look at my potential earning power to figure out child support or just what I make off of my retirement?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. The court may well impute some more income here. It would probably be at least $1,000 or so a month. Minimum wage full time job. You can argue against it her but if you are able bodied count on some hard questions.

It may be considered a lifestyle choice and you may have to pay extra in this situation. Your lawyer can argue against it here but know that it is a possibility. I wish you good luck in resolving..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.