RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

How do I file for spousal support through PA domestic relations

Customer Question

How do I file for spousal support through PA domestic relations on my own. ie without paying a lawyer. I have no money...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?do you want legal divvorce or separation forms here. I think that this is the only way to get the court to order suppport??More information here please

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?Do you want legal divorce or separation forms here. I think that this is the only way to get the court to order suppport??More information here please

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My husband threw me out of the house and filed for divorce in December 2008. I am currently renting an apartment. No affidavit has been filed to state that we are legally separated and I don't believe such a thing exists in PA. I know that I can get spousal support but I'm trying to figure out how I can file for it on my own through Domestic Relations versus paying a lawyer to do it for me.
Here's free legal forms for your state. There is an answer and affidavit. You would then proceed to ask for spousal support here. If his petition has been dismissed then you would file. I don't think you can break out spousal here. It is part of getting a divorce. The corut will set it as part of a hearing on temporary orders in this matter. And proceed to divide property and resolve other issues in the divorce..

http://www.edivorcepapers.com/pennsylvania-divorce-forms-and-papers.html

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
This site only has 1. documents for filling ofr a divorce, which I don't need and 2. filing for CHILD support, which I don't need. Where is the link for Spousal support only? I know I am entitled to spousal support in PA regardless of where the divorce proceedings are/stand.
Mamm I'm going to opt out here and let a Pennsylvania lawyer assist you here. Hang on..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Still waiting for a Pennsylvania lawyer to get back to me with an answer.
It is still pending here..