How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 31590
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We, the grandparents, are seeking custody of 6 yr old and 3

This answer was rated:

We, the grandparents, are seeking custody of 6 yr old and 3 yr old grandchildren.   We live in Winston County, Mississippi and grandchildren are in DeSoto County, Mississippi.   Mother, our daughter, willing to do whatever we want to take care of children, father can not financially take care of children alone.   We, grandparents, want the children enrolled in school in our area, with unlimited visitation for the father and restricted or supervised visitation for the mother.   Mother has been diagnosed as bipolar and can be verbally abusive to children.   What kind of form can we have the mother sign to protect our rights.   Mother caught with another man that had been previously told to leave mother alone because of her condition.   Other man lives in Los Angeles, CA and has flown to Nashville, TN to meet mother for days at a time. Can the other man be held accountable for helping to destroy these children's lives?

Hi - I practice in Mississippi, and have been the youth court prosecutor in my county for more than 6 years.


You and your husband will have to file a petition for guardianship over the children in DeSoto County. You'll have to hire an attorney to assist you in this matter as there are no "forms" in Mississippi. However, if the parents are agreeable to all of this, it should not be very expensive.


Once the petition is filed, the parents can sign waivers, agreeing to the guardianship. Then, the judge will enter an order granting you guardianship over the children.


You can visit and search for a family law attorney in the Hernando area.

Roger and 6 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you so much.   This gives me the resources so I am better able to get matters going smoothly.   I did not know where to start and was not sure where to go.   The information you have given me has put me at ease and will help me to get good results.
No problem and good luck.

Related Family Law Questions