A.D. Barnett
A.D. Barnett, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney since 1994, experienced Divorce Attorney, Child's Attorney, Adoption, Guardian ad Litem
16133037

i live with my baby and there is supervised visitation order

i live with my baby and there is supervised visitation order to his father 'till next court day... i have done my part of intake with the facility and waiting for them to call me about visitation, but i have not heard from them for 3 weeks now. We are fighting for custody. The fact he is not willing to see his son good for my case or does it matter at all?? I REALLY NEED TO GET MY SONS COSTODY... PLEASE HELP.(California)
Category: Family Law
Expert:  A.D. Barnett replied 5 years ago.
Good morning!

Let me make sure I understand the situation: You have physical custody of you child and your ex gets supervised visitation. You have done your part to make the child available for this visitation, but your ex has made no efforts to see the child.

This can be very good for your case. Think about it: If I told you that the only way you could see your child was to have a therapist present, no matter how offended you were, you would do whatever it took to see your child. This is clearly not the case for your ex.

You keep doing what you are doing: Cooperate with any attempts to obey the court's order regarding visitation. If visitation doesn't take place, make sure it isn't because of you. As long as you aren't the problem, it will reflect badly on him.

And, of course, if you don't have an attorney, you need to re-think that. If your child's custody is at stake, there is no more important reason to have a professional on your side helping you get there.

Best of luck! If I helped, please click "accept." Thanks!
A.D. Barnett, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney since 1994, experienced Divorce Attorney, Child's Attorney, Adoption, Guardian ad Litem