Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

If I wanted to move my child 50+ miles from the non custodial

If I wanted to move my child 50+ miles from the non custodial parent is this going to be an issue with the courts?
In Arizona, if a parent, either the custodial or non-custodial parent, plans to move more than 100 miles away within the state of Arizona or move out of state, he or she must inform the other parent of the intent to relocate at least 60 days in advance. The non-moving parent can then petition the court to prevent the relocation of the minor child or children.

The court may allow a parent to move away despite custody arrangements if:

The move out of state would not be detrimental to the child/children
The move is not intended to prevent the child from seeing the other parent
Moving allows parent to pursue a new job that would benefit the family
A new custody, visitation and parenting time arrangement can be reached, when necessary

As long as you projected move is within the 100 mile limitation and is not out of Arizona you should have no difficulties.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.
Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.