RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

my best friend is having problems with her ex-husband. My

Customer Question

my best friend is having problems with her ex-husband. My friend angie has custody of minor child. The father is behind in child uppost. Minor daughter stays wih her mother 3 or 4 days a week. And same with the father. Father was to get counciling for minor child. He refused and took the child o her medicine without a doctors's advise. He has filed a case against my friend. Her first attorney cost her $3800.00. That was all the money she had. My friend ran out of money and the attorney quite the case. What papers can I find that would be legal and acceptable to a court of law? I have to try something! thank you.   Kathy
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?you would have to tell me what form exactly you are looking for. If he has filed and you are seekign a repsonse form this may not exist as a premade kind of thing. but please tell me what was filed and what she is trying exactly to respond to..

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?you would have to tell me what form exactly you are looking for. If he has filed and you are seeking a repsonse form this may not exist as a premade kind of thing. but please tell me what was filed and what she is trying exactly to respond to so I can assist you..

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I believe that the papers are called Change of Custody. The father says that the child spends more time with him than with the mother. He wants sole custody, not joint. The papers were sent certified mail. They state that she has 20 days to reply with a written notice and present it at the court clerks office? If no reply he will win by default. My friend, nor I, have any clue how to appear before a judge with without an attorney. Or how she can defend herself and her daughter? In her divorce decree it says that she gets the house ( which she has been paying on soley ) and child support. Now the father wants to change custody from joint to sole custody. He says that she can't provide for her. But yet he won't pay child support?
Thanks for the information.She will ahve to try for local county law library here and look for family law forms. There aren't any premade on es on the internet. She may end up drafting her own here by using the other pleadings already on file for the style of the case and title it motion to modify.

She would then state the facts she has to support her request to modify here. She shouldn't worry about being perfect here the court will get her drift. then she signs it and shows a certificate of service. She can copy it off the other pleadings.

It just says that on the ---day of March, 2009 she sent a true copy of her Motion to Modify to the other parties lawyer here.And she signs again under this. She field her original her and sends the copy certified mail to the other lawyer. Her local library should have forms she can copy and use. They just aren't very advanced here in Arkansas and it just isn't available online. I wish you good luck here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thank you RayAnswers. It took me a few times to read the information to comprehend what you were saying. After it sunk in I realized what we had to do. More than likely I will try to contact you again about notarization of documents? We appreciate you answers. Thank you. Kathy
You're welcome and thanks for letting me help you here..