Brandon M.
Brandon M., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  Attorney experienced in all aspects of family law

I have lived with my sons father for one year and half . I

I have lived with my son's father for one year and half . I moved into his house because it is easier for us.. at that time I still had a place to live. my apartment lease was up. He sold his house , now we are renting place to live . He said he is not a baby or kids person. He doesnt want to play with his baby. I have been taking care of son 99% all by myself without any help. He doesnt change son's diaper . there is too much argument everyday. now I pay sometimes on sons diaper . My parents help to buy sons food. He pay the rent .i dont work now. I have some money I saved before i got pregnant. now I am thinking to live seperate from my sons father. too much argument depressed me very badly. also this is not a good enviroment for baby . I want to move to some city where i have friends , can you tell me about custody about this case. if i show financial proof raise to my son, i can go to some other city? sons father said no. we have no relationship at all.

where one parent wants to move out of the city where the other parent lives, the best course of action is usually to get a custody/move away order from the court. The paperwork for this can be obtained from your local courthouse. Also, if the father is working and you are not, you should seriously consider filing for a child support order as well.

Custody is not actually decided based on the parent's income; there are plenty of parents who are unemployed who have fully custody; do not let that prevent you from doing what is best for you and your son. Best of luck.

If this was informative, please remember to click "accept" so I may receive credit for my personal time and knowledge. Thank you.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
can i live some other city in same states? Because I have some very close friends there. I dont have friends here we live together. he said I have to live close to him. is that true?