Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

I recieved a hearing for uncontested divorce as me as defendant

I recieved a hearing for uncontested divorce as me as defendant and wife as plantiff.Do i need to go to court for the hearing .I cannot attend the hearing since iam going on vacation. This case is in Uppermarlboro,MD,PG county circuit court. Do i need to send the court any letter that iam not attending that
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
If you fail to appear or answer then your wife could obtain a divorce by default and obtain everything she asked for in the petition. You should respond hearing notice by contacting the court to let them know you will not be present followed by a letter asking for an adjournment of hearing date.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have decided earlier with her that I didnt want to go to court.Her lawyer informaed that i didnt need to if i dont want to.

My question mainly is , Is it compulsory for me to attend court henceforth and send the court any explanation of why iam not attending.

It has been already agreed(seperation agreement and verbally ) to this with no interruption.
No you do not have to appear in court nor reply, just be aware that your wife will be granted a default divorce and given whatever she asked for in the petition.