How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Daniel Solutions Your Own Question
Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 9934
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Daniel Solutions is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in New York State I own my own home and have had someone

Resolved Question:

I live in New York State I own my own home and have had someone staying here until they get on their feet,this person has since gotten a settlement but will not leave my house what are my rights to get this person removed
Submitted: 7 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
Unfortunately since this person lives with you the only way is by filing a formal eviction action by serving notice then filing in housing court for an eviction order.
Daniel Solutions and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions