socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

i know my husband has been adulterous all these years, but

i know my husband has been adulterous all these years, but i do not have solid evidence. in response to my allegations, he spread rumors to friends that i am insane and not long ago, he even called the police and they sent me to a mental hospital based on his charges, but the doctors decided that i am ok and set me free soon after. we have some assets that was mostly earned by me and i asked my husband for a divorce with even distribution, he did not agree. but he continued to come home late and showed most of the signs of a cheating husband. my question is :
Category: Family Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 7 years ago.

Your question is cut off. Please continue...

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i am waiting for the expert to reply

No one can advise you to divorce, separate or otherwise. This is the most personal decision you will ever make, other than to get married in the first place.

However, as of 2003, New Jersay added "irreconcilable differences" to the grounds of divorce -- meaning that you don't need grounds, because NJ is a "no-fault" jurisdiction now.

From a financial standpoint, legal separaion is a waste of money. It unnecessarily adds to the cost of a divorce by duplicating effort.