RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I have a court ordered child support and my ex recently moved

I have a court ordered child support and my ex recently moved to another state. He has not paid now for 2 months. What are my rights?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You need to sign up with state child support agency in your state here. They will take you for $25 and file contempt in this matter. The court may jail or fine the ex in this matter for his failure to comply.

The court will deal with him harshly and require him to get current or he won't escape jail or fines here. You may also gets costs awarded in such a situation. I wish you good luck in this matter and sympathy for the situation..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.