hocuspocusme, USA Legal
Experience:  If you are satisfied, please press the accept button so I will be paid for my time and services.

Do I have to pay child support if Im on Social Security Disability

Do I have to pay child support if I'm on Social Security Disability? My ex gets 400.00 per month from my ss benefit.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  hocuspocusme replied 7 years ago.

Yes you do have to pay child support if you are receiving social security/disability. The child support payments will be based on the amount of disability you receive monthly. If it is deemed that you owe more than the minor child is receving from your disability then you will have to pay the difference, for if it is less then you will owe nothing monthly. I am assuming that your minor child is also receiving a monthly check because of your disability situation and the mother is receiving the check for the child.

Child support will be based on your income and if it is found that you owe more than 400 a month then you will have to pay the difference minus 400.00. If it is not more than 400.00 then you will pay nothing.

I can do a calculation for you if you tell me your salary and the approximate salary of your ex wife.