P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  16 yrs. of experience including family law.

Can I get a marriage annulment after being married 2 months..based

Can I get a marriage annulment after being married 2 months..based on the fact that I was not told my spouse has STD...and did not and has not disclosed it to me. I have proof that she does. please reply asap
Category: Family Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me what state you were married in please? Do you live in that state still?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
arkansa still living there
Thanks and sorry for the delay

Annulment is much more difficult to obtain than a divorce. In an annulment the court declares that the marriage never happened.

Arkansas grounds for an annulment include: Fraud- Marrying another by fraud or misrepresentation is a felony and is a legal ground for annulment according to Arkansas annulment laws, Duress- a marriage where one was under duress is grounds for an annulment in Arkansas, Bigamy- Arkansas annulment laws specifically prohibit bigamy, and it is a legal annulment ground, and Consanguinity- one marrying another where they are too closely related is prohibited by Arkansas annulment laws.

Not sure that your circumstances will apply...while fraud is a grounds for annulment, this typically is fraud as to a material aspect of the marriage (like if she told you she was a different person like XXXXX XXXXX vice janet doe)

Now, perhaps if you had asked her specifically about her status regarding STD's prior to marriage...and if she knew her status and lied to you regarding this, then you may have a claim

To determine, you need to contact a local attorney, here is a good resource to start

Please let me know if you have further questions; if so I will do my best to answer them. If not please hit the accept button, its the only way I get credit for my work.