RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

My sons father now wants to recognize the child as his own

My son's father now wants to recognize the child as his own and I do not want to sign the papers. Child is now 14 yrs old and even when they do have a relationship I do not care to have the father's name on my son's birth certificate. How can I fight this?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If he is deemed the father by the court here you can't win. The court names him the legal father and they will amend the birth certificate.

You may require a dna test but if he is named legal father then he has a right to be on the birth certificate here. I am sorry and I wish I can tell you otherwise. But that is the law if he is named legal father..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.