jogoesq, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  17 years experience in family law, custody, visitation, contested and uncontested divorces

I just lost my job while on maternity leave. My employer said

I just lost my job while on maternity leave. My employer said I was covered until Feb. 16th which is that last day of my leave, is this against that law?

Unless you have a verbal or written contract that your employment lasts for a certain amount of time, you are an at-will employee. this means that you can be let go for any non-dicriminatory reason.

Since your employer has covered you until your last day of maternity leave, this is not discriminatory, unless there are other discriminatory reasons for the termination that you have not stated.

Hope this answers your question.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX is nothing to do now. You answered my question and I have no recourse.