How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RayAnswers Your Own Question
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 39536
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
RayAnswers is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I purchased furniture and appliances for a mobile home owned

Resolved Question:

I purchased furniture and appliances for a mobile home owned by my son's inlaws. My son (Mark) and his wife (Judy) had committed a felony and Mark was incarcerated. Judy is on probation and lives with her Father along with the couple's 2 year old daughter. I fixed up the mobile home to be a place Mark could live when paroled. Other than the furniture and appliances, I also spent about $4k-$5K to hlep Judy while Mark was incarcerated. The furniture and appliances were not to be a gift and Mark signed a paper to that fact. Judy was mad at me for whatever reason and would not sign at the last minute. Judy never moved into the mobile home but XXXXX XXXXXved ther before being incarcerated after only 3 months for a parole violaton. My question is , do I have the right o get my stuff since he never made a payment as was agreed to in writing? How can I go about it. I have receitps for everything, not asking for anything but the itmes he agreed to pay for (furniture and appliances)
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. If you paid for these and have receipts to me they are your things. You should consider getting the police involved here to reclaim these peacefully. It is the only way you may recover what you have invested.

Otherwise you could file suit in small claims here for the value. But you are better off gettting your stuff here if possible with the police. the receipts prove the stuff is yours. That should be your attitude here. I wish you good luck in recovering these. To me you definitely have title here since you paid for them..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

RayAnswers and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions