JD 1992
JD 1992, Lawyer
Experience:  Began practicing Family Law in 1992
11068102

My son is filling for devorced this week. They had been married

Customer Question

My son is filling for devorced this week. They had been married for 9 yeARS AND HAVE 2 CHILDREN AGES 11 & 9. they purchase a home in 2004 with the parents co-singing, In 2007 they went into business a franchise business. All the funds was loan from the parents. They also loan in 2001-02 $35,000 to do staffing services bussiness, but lasted only 6 months.All the monies they use for the buisness was loan form the parents. Now that they are divorcin, the wife wants 50% of the business and she have not paid her share of the loan. As the parent I demand re-payment of the loans, but she does not money
Category: Family Law
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 7 years ago.
You need to get your own attorney and "intervene" in the lawsuit so that your interest int he business is protected. You can assert your loan and ask the court to place a lien against the business to protect it.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Please remember that we can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR TEXAS ATTY” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.