Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

My landlord, electric bill, etc., dont care about the circumstances,

Customer Question

My landlord, electric bill, etc., don't care about the circumstances, they want their money. Don't I have some access to his SS disability check. I took care of him and COULD NOT WORK while taking care of him. I need financial assistance right now. Where do I go?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
I wish to answer your question but dont know who is the person youre referring to when you ask if you should have access to "his SS diability check"?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My name was initially on the SS Disability Check because of his mental state he could not handle his finances. Since his family has become involved, it was removed plus the account that it was directly deposited into was closed, I have no income. I am referring to not being able to work because I was his caregiver and now he is charged with domestic abuse, how do I find out if I am entitled to some of his check. I need money to pay the rent, electric bill, telephone bill, etc., and he is also on the lease for the rent payment and acknowledges he is the breadwinner since the rent is due on the 3rd - which is when the rent is due.
You are not legally entitled to any of his check unless youre his wife or legal court appoint guardian charging a fee.