Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

Hello, I need info on how to file to have my payments support

Customer Question

Hello, I need info on how to file to have my payments support lowered. How can I legally get to see my child after 2 1/2 years, she's 14. How can I protect my finances that are accrued.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.
In order to get you payment change yo will need to file a Motion or Petition for Modification of Support with the court that granted the original support order.

You will need to specify what has changed in your circumstances to justify a reduction. Part of the submittal is a financial statement/affidavit. You will be asled to disclose assets, income, and obligations. The court will recompute your support. If you are better off, your support could increase.

Your visitation order is probably still in tact. Call the mother and ask to see the child. If the mother refuses you could always file for contempt. This might not succeed because of the time factor. It might be enough to persaude the mother to let you see the child.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.