Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

My daughters father is moving out of state to alabama. We were

My daughters father is moving out of state to alabama. We were never married. He wants my daughter to visit him for a month. Is there anything i can do to prevent him from taking her and not returning her to me since he is her father
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.
If you have a custody order from a egal perspective you are protected. If you do not have a custody order you need to file a Petiton for Custody/Visitation before your husband gets the child. Make sure the custody order is registered with the court where your husband moves to. Once registered you can ask the Alabama court to enforce the custody arrangement if there are problems. They will obtain the child for you if your husband decides not to comply. They will have the authority to imprison your husband for contempt for violating an order.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.