Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law
14472836

My son is paying child support for a child.they did an independent

My son is paying child support for a child.they did an independent dna test he is not the father, he's been paying support 9 years and arreares, I TOLD HIM NOT TO SIGN OFF parental rights until he consults someone he also spent 6 months in jail for not paying? any advice would help
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.
Signing off parental rights does not by itself eliminate the requirement for child support. He should file a modification to have his child support terminated. A court will have to determnine he is not the father of the child and terminate his parental rights and obligations.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice. </p>
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
This I already was aware of...will he ever be able to get the he has paid back?
Expert:  Jack R. replied 8 years ago.
No, he was under a valid order. The past obligation cannot be returned.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.