RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Is there a "Baker Act" in Illinois?

Is there a "Baker Act" in Illinois?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. The answer is partilally here. The state allows for a physciatric advanced directive here called a PAD. This allows a person to plan in advance who they want to be able to decide mental health issues on their behalf.

It is akin to a power of attorney for mental health decisons. the idea is to prevent strangers from determining whether committment is medically necessary or otherwise forcing thme into treatment they may not desire. Here is legal reference to the matter...

http://www.jaapl.org/cgi/content/full/34/1/43

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.

Thanks for your question. The answer is partilly here. the state allows for a physciatric advanced directive here called a PAD. This allows a person to plan in advance who they want to be able to decide mental health issues on their behalf.

It is akin to a power of attorney for mental health decisons. The idea is to prevent strangers from determining whether committment is medically necessary or otherwise forcing them into treatment they may not desire. Here is legal reference to the matter...