Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice

I got a divorce but the paper work put me as the wife and her

Customer Question

I got a divorce but the paper work put me as the wife and her as the husband will that effect my divore does it make it legal
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Family Law Answers replied 7 years ago.

Hi and thanks for your question.

This would be considered a "scrivener's" error (aka a typo) and so long as you both had the intent to mean husband where it says wife and wife where it says husband, this mistake can be easily corrected and does not affect your divorce or make it invalid.

I hope that this answers your question; if so, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and I wish you well.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
well she stiill wants to be married so could this be a way for her to make the divore invalid
No - even if these two words were interchanged where they weren't supposed to be (whether she admits it or not), this would not invalidate the divorce.