Family Law Answers
Family Law Answers, Family Law Attorney
Experience:  more than 16 years experience as an attorney - current family law litigation + mediation practice

My daughters dad is threatening to take me to court, not only

My daughters dad is threatening to take me to court, not only to get the amount of child support changed but to try and get full custody, the thing is, he is still on probation for drug charges. Does he stand a chance at this? Or will I win?

Hi and thanks for your question.

It certainly seems as though this is pretty clear that he will not be awarded full custody here. In determining what custody arrangement would be best for your daughter, the court will look at what is in your daughter's best interest. You would have a very strong argument here that not only would giving her father full custody be contrary to your daughter's best interest, it would be potentially harmful to her given his recent illegal and dangerous conduct and home environment. It sounds like he is trying to intimidate you here, probably into agreeing to a reduced amount of child support, but I encourage you to stand strong here and not let him succeed in bullying you.

I hope that this answers your question; if so, please click the green Accept button. Thanks very much and I wish you the best here. Stay strong!