Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

I have full custody of my daughter because her father had been

I have full custody of my daughter because her father had been found guilty and served 5 years in jail for having indecent liberties and attempted rape charge against the daughter. Is she still entitled to child support? even though he can't see her until court deemed fit? Back child support while he was incarcerated? I want make sure I can apply for assistance since he makes @1,000.00 weekly.How much will she be entitled too? We live in Suffolk VA.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.
You can apply for assistance which will probably trigger enforcement of the child support obligation. The fact your spouse was in prsison did not relieve him of the child support obligation. The fact your ex committed a crime against the child and is denied visitation will not terminate teh child support obligation, if anythig a court could decide to increase it. Your approximate child support due is about $500.00/mo. As far as assistance fromr the state that is something they will need to help you with.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.