Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

My question is on child support. What can be done if the payee

My question is on child support. What can be done if the payee will not pay on time ? Court order states the first day of the month, but support not received until five sometimes ten days latter. Notification has been sent as a reminder that support due on the first. If any action can be taken, do you have to file in the county the order was writen if recipient no longer lives in that county ?
There is little you can do other than to take legal action. You can file a motion for contempt (motion to show cause in some places). If you ex is employed you can ask that his child support be deducted directly from his wages by his employer and paid to the state who would in turn pay you.

A judge would admonish your ex to pay on time. A second infraction could land your ex a fine, or jail time. You need to file in the county where the order was written., This court has continuing jurisdcition over the matter.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.