RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

How do I find out how much back child support I owe

How do I find out how much back child support I owe?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You should check with wherever you make the payments through. Either the county or stat child support here. Wherever the payments go they will have a total of what you are in arrears and what you owe.

They can give you both figures here and mail you a print out here. If you feel they are inaccurate after you review it here you can dispute it with them. You can also motion the court to modify the arrears if you feel it is inaccurate once you have seen what thy are claiming.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I haven't sent payment ever they just took it out of my check. Now they don't do that. I only do not recieve my tax refund. Would it still be in the office where it was original order was signed?
Yes and they should have a balance here including any withholding and tax intercepts. they should be able to give you a hard amount. If you have large arrears here and can't pay it all back consider making some small regular monthly payments. If they file contempt on you here it shows good faith and would keep you from jail in such a situation...