RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .

I am dating a man who is paying child support on his 3 other

I am dating a man who is paying child support on his 3 other kids. He receives 30% of his current paycheck. If we were to get married will my four children change his support amount any? He does not have any kids living with him at this time.
Thanks for your question. It won't change here unless he adopts them Otherwise he is not legally responsible for them and they can't be counted as dependents. Your income would not be counted toward your fiance's support either.

Only the legal parents figure into the support equation here. Since the father of your kids is in prison they may find this to be case unique and allow for some reduction here. You would motion the court to reduce his support on this basis and see if the court will give him some credit here even if these aren't his kids. Even though legally he isn't responsible for your kids the court has wide discretion especially since the kids father is in prison I wish you good luck here..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.