RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years as a family law lawyer .
8534270

Is it a particularly difficult issue to have the DVI dismissed

Is it a particularly difficult issue to have the DVI dismissed once it is approved by the judge even though it is based on lies. My other concern is that this is a public document with MY NAME ON IT!! Also, my wife is a physician and I have been at home taking care of our daughter, who is a "special needs child". My staying home was strictly economic decision because of her earning ability. We have only been married for 2-years. She bought our marital home less than 2-months before we were married. The approval of her petition for DVI has allowed her to throw me out of the house with no place to go, no money, and all during the holidays. What type of financial relief am I likely to get in the short term at the followup hearing... and what type of financial settlement am I likely to get when our divorce is final? My wife makes roughly $200K per year and we own a small medical practice which we are slowly but surely developing into a profitable enterprise. Thanks-you.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  RayAnswers replied 7 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You may be eligible for temproary support here. If you get custody then you would get serious child support. You are entitled to a fair division of the business and other property in this situation.

If you can find a lawyer here to file and represent you it would benefit you greatly. I think the ex here is completely manipulating the matter here. I wish you good luck and symapthy for the situation..

Thank you and please click accept so that I may be paid for my answer to you. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Legal Disclaimer: The information given by me is for informational/research use only and you are paying me only for such information. The information contained herewith is not legal advice and by rendering such information there is no formation of an attorney-client relationship. I also do not claim to be licensed to practice in the state where this information is being provided. I strive to provide quality information, but I make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked herein and it's associated sites. As law is always changing, you are advised to speak with legal counsel for accurate information.