Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, 17 years legal experience including family law

Can my husband file for a divorce if he is in Saudi Arabia

Can my husband file for a divorce if he is in Saudi Arabia but we were married in the USA?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Tina replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for contacting our JA team.

The short answer is yes, he may file for divorce while abroad. I am assuming he is represented by counsel. If so, it is important that you retain counsel as well to represent your interests. A good place to begin looking for an attorney in your area is Look for an experienced divorce attorney.

I am truly sorry that you are going through this, especially during the holidays. Lets hope the new year brings better things your way!

Note: If I have answered your question, please press "accept" so I will be paid for my time. I am available if you require further guidance. Thank you.