Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

My ex has a maintenace order which says I have to pay her 1040

My ex has a maintenace order which says I have to pay her £1040 per month. I have been giving her £1360 per month in cash. I can no longer afford to give her the extra and now need to revert back to the original court order of £1040. She is telling me that because I have been giving her additional funds for so long that I have set a president and need to continue with it. Is that true after all it was cash so there is no evidence.
Your ex is incorrect. The extra was just a gift. Youre only obligated to pay the court ordered amount. It wasnt good to pay cash because you may have a proof problem but you have not created a president by making an additional gift amount.