Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

How do I apply to make a change to a court order regarding

How do I apply to make a change to a court order regarding child maintanence and is it possible to reduce it if my financial situation has changed
You would need to file a new petition seeking a downward modification of child maintenance. The change would have to be unforseen and not intentional on your part. In other words, if youre seeking a reduction because you intentionally quit your job or intentionally reduced your work hours then the request will be denied.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes but if it was because i had remarried and had a new child with more outgoings would that be taken into account
No, having a child in not an unforseen situation that would allow child support to be reduced. Most judge would not reduce support obligation because the payor now has another child to support. However, then the support obligation comes up for review/adjustment naturally or by a filing of the parent who receives support, then you can raise the fact that you support another child to factor into the equation.