Jack R.
Jack R., Family Law Attorney
Experience:  OH/TX Mediator and Attorney dealing with Family, Child, and Divorce Law

I live in columbus ohio my kids are all grown up they are all

I live in columbus ohio my kids are all grown up they are all in there late 20s and child support from iowa is still taking money form me and i have still been paying since 1998 until now and i am not understanding why when i was there raising my children. i have contacted lawyers in iowa and they had told me they may not be able to help me . What should i do ?
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 7 years ago.

You should go back and file a motion for termination of the support order. It will need to be done in the same court where the support was ordered. You will probably need to attach the birth certificates to prove the childrens ages as exhibits. The judge should create an order terminating the payment. You should then present the termination order to whomever is taking the money from you.

You could also try taking those birth certificates and the original order to whoever is taking the support out of your check (probably your employer) and ask them to cease taking the money.

If this answer was helpful please press ACCEPT so I may be paid.

Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information and no attorney client relationship has been formed. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.