Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
5180018

can my ex k my kids with a belt, pants down ages 7 and 9. i live in so ca

kids with a belt, pants down ? ages 7 and 9. i live in so ca. no marks by time i get them a few day later - only red marks i guess anyways - but a belt with pants down is cruel to a 7 and 9 yr old. she screams rite in their faces too ... what can i do
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 8 years ago.
You need to definately contact children protective services. Since the children are old enough to talk to the case worker they can tell the social worker what the mother does. If she fails to stop or if they can note any injuries its possible the children will be removed from the mother. You may want to seek a custody modification based upon the findings of children protective services.
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience: Practicing Attorney for over 15 years
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I prefer a second opinion.
what is the specific law say about spanking with a belt or object. my ex wife has been doing this to my kids .. i havent seen any marks yet tho .. is this lawfull and how does it read exactly
Expert:  JD 1992 replied 8 years ago.
It looks like the other expert opted out.

What state do you live in? I don't know of any specific laws saying you can't spank your children with a belt on their bare bottoms, but with a little more information I may be able to define it a little further.