Daniel Solutions
Daniel Solutions, Divorce Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney for over 15 years

my ex wife has repeatedly spanked my 7 and 9 yr old with pants

Customer Question

my ex wife has repeatedly spanked my 7 and 9 yr old with pants down and belt. and even just befor takingf them to school. Isnt this illegal. The first time I recently found out this occurred, I called her up and demanded for her to never do that again. she beligerantly told me where to go and it was her biz how she disaplinded her kids...
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Daniel Solutions replied 7 years ago.
If you live in a state that allows corporal punishment (spanking), then she is allow to spank but only with her hand and not with a belt or cause any physical injury. If the children are injured (welts, bruises, cuts) then contact children protective services and/or file a modification of custody petition in court for the children.