How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask NJ FamLaw Your Own Question
NJ FamLaw
NJ FamLaw, Family Law Attorney
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 517
Experience:  Admitted to NJ Bar
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
NJ FamLaw is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i have a court order in n.j. to pay support where i reside

This answer was rated:

i have a court order in n.j. to pay support where i reside .the child 18 and mother live in wisconcin. i know that new jersey's law really does not state what age the child has to be for support to stop.pretty much if they are in school even online schooling i have to pay and i have done a little homework and found out that in wisconcin the child support ends at age 19 period. my question is how can i or can i tranfer to the courts in wisconcin ? since the child and mother reside in wisconcin
Question: new jersey entered the original order ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You need to register the order in Wisconsin by filing a motion in Wisconsin to register the order. She will be able to object to the registration, which dshe might if she realizes about the difference in emancipation ages. If she doesn't, you might be able to enter into a consent order with her to stop the child support and emancipate the child. Either way, it won't be an automatic thing to move the order and get the benefit of Wisconsin law if she makes an objection. Good luck
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
would it be best for me to do it or should i look into hiring an attorney out there in wisconcin and how could i find a repable one?
If you a hire an attorney, she is going to think something is up. It is also going to cost you a few months worth of child support so it might not be worth it. You can find attorneys on or
NJ FamLaw and 4 other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Family Law Questions